I live in a small town in North Carolina that looks like it jumped off the end of Norman Rockwell’s paintbrush. Most folks call it Belmont, but I call it home. I was born and raised in the Foothills of North Carolina and Appalachia beckons to me on an almost daily basis.
When I am not thinking about writing, or putting words on paper, breathing into a paper bag before putting words on paper, taking photos, or traveling, I am at home drinking coffee and reading.
I drink a lot of coffee.
Most days you will find me in my office writing or working on social media for clients like Let’s Win! Pancreatic Cancer. And drinking coffee.
I do not have a coffee problem.
My family disagrees.
I have a list of wants that I would like to believe will make me a better writer:
- A Fiat 500
- Two Corgis to ride in said Fiat 500
- Unlimited prime camera lenses for my Canon
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Dave Grohl — starring in the role of BFF
- A Net Jets account with unlimited usage
- Unlimited Bonvoy points
- A London row home
- A classic Charleston double
- A small cabin in the North Carolina mountains
- A mid-century modern home with original furnishings in Palm Springs
- A brownstone in New York City
- More bookshelves
- George Vanderbilt’s library
I would like to teleport to these bookshops anytime I please:
- Hatchard’s Piccadilly, London
- John Sandoe Books, London
- Malaprop’s Bookstore/Cafe Asheville, North Carolina
- Libreria Acqua Alta, Venice, Italy
- John K. King Used And Rare Books, Detroit, Michigan
- BookPeople, Austin, Texas
- Boekhandel Selexyz Dominicanen in Maastricht, Holland
- Strand, New York City
- Livraria Lello & Irmao, Porto, Portugal
- The Bookworm, Beijing, China
- El Ateneo, Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Cafebreria El Pendulo, Mexico City, Mexico
- Books & Books, Coral Gables, Florida
- Shakespeare and Company, Paris, France
- Politics & Prose, Washington D.C (We won’t discuss the hours I spend here when visiting family and friends in Washington, DC. If a credit card could have heart palpitations before a trip, mine would.)
- Bart’s Books, Ojai, California
- Corso Como, Milan, Italy
- Barter Books, Alnwick, UK
- Prairie Lights, Iowa City, Iowa
- Boulder Books, Denver, Colorado
- Powell’s Books, Portland, Oregon
- The Ripped Bodice, Los Angeles, California